Entries for the broadcast categories need to be submitted digitally as MP4, .MOV, MP3 or WAV files except for the Sports Network of the year award which will be a pitch either in person or via video conference.
All categories are open to work produced by journalists working in the United Kingdom or by journalists working on programmes for consumption in the UK. All programmes must have been “exhibited” for the first time in 2020.
The term broadcasting is meant to be wide-ranging and encompasses, but is not limited to, linear radio and television platforms. It includes digital online platforms, cinematic exhibition and streamed and podcast audio.
Please read the categories carefully as significant clarifications of eligibility have been added to some awards in recent years.
Non-Members: £50 per entry per category.
SJA Members: £20 per category.
Not an SJA member? – Join the SJA for the annual membership fee of £30.
Members receive discounted entry fees to the awards as well as many other benefits, for more information visit: https://www.sportsjournalists.co.uk/membership/
Freelance: Entry fees for freelancers are £50 in total (£20 for SJA Members) to enter 2 categories.
If you enter as a freelancer and win, you will only be credited as a freelancer. If you require a newspaper or agency to
be credited, entry fees of £50 per entry per category (£20 if SJA member) will apply, and the name of the newspaper or agency must be stated on the entry form at time of entry. An employer cannot be credited retrospectively.
• All entries must be submitted and paid for via the online entry system:
• Broadcast files should be submitted in MP4, .MOV, MP3 or WAV format. It is not mandatory, but entrants can submit
citations to accompany entries.
• There is no limit on the number of shows or broadcasters that an organisation can enter in any category.
• An individual Broadcaster may only submit one entry in each category (Pundit of the Year / Broadcast Journalist of
the Year / Sports Presenter of the Year / Ones to Watch).
• Journalists may submit only one entry in each category.
• All entries must be the entrant’s original work and must have been first broadcast by UK-based broadcasters between
1 January and 31 December 2020.
• The decision of the judges will be final.
• Entry into the competition implies acceptance of the rules.
• Failure to comply with any of the rules may result in disqualification.
• The organisers retain the right, within the context of the competition and related promotions, to reproduce articles,
photographs or broadcast programmes, or to give permission for the reproduction without any payment or fee.
• Entries will not be returned.